An accident can happen anywhere in the road. However, according to a survey, almost 50% of all road collisions including fatal car accidents occur at the intersection points of the road. Here, Mukul Driving School shares some best safety tips that can help you avoid such mishaps.
Lets take a glimpse at all the road safety tips :
- Whenever you are reaching to an intersection point, make sure you are on the appropriate side of the lane. Be watchful of blind spots created by the cars before you. In such cases don’t try to overtake, but stay behind keeping a safe distance.
- In case you need to take a 90 degree turn at an intersection point, make sure to turn on the indicator (at least for 10 sec before) so that the trailing driver gets aware of your intentions.
- Being distracted by phone while driving is one of the major causes of roadside or intersection collisions. That’s why we suggest to keep all distractions like conversing on the phone or listening to music, away while you drive.
- If you’re are trailed by a car in front of you, try to match the pace of the car. Keep a sharp watch on their brake lights to determine when they will slow down and eventually stop.
- If possible, never tailgate; as it impairs your vision and can pose a big risk of collision. Try to keep at least 1 car-length distance with a 3-4 second trailing gap from the car ahead of you.
- Always keep your foot on the brake and try to maintain a straight line when looking to cross an intersection.
- Remember to stay in your lane. Don’t change lanes in the roundabout. In case you need to change your lane, always take a look at the cars behind & in front of you.
- Always keep a careful eye on the pedestrians and cyclists,especially in roundabouts as it can be potentially risky for them.
- Keep alert of the vehicle in front of you. It may stop suddenly in the middle of the road and cause a fatal collision.
Your Skills Behind The Steering Wheel
So perfect your skills behind the steering wheel and knowledge about defensive driving techniques with our experienced driving school instructors in Dandenong.
Being a one of the leading driving schools in Dandenong; we teach our students all these crucial lessons to ensure they stay safe on the road. For more information about driving properly and safely through different intersections; consider enrolling for our driving lessons.